|Former Hidalgo Post Office|
|Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1965|
Oldest in existence. Built 1889 to house a general merchandise store. One part was reserved for the town's postal service, then in its 32nd year, served until 1913. Store owner William Odell, his wife Josephine, and Gumaro, son of co-owner Desiderio Rodriguez, were Postmasters.
|Copyright © 2010 Texmaps and Carson Map Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved|