|Texas Historical Marker|
Occupied in 1831 by soldiers of the Mexican army to prevent further Anglo-American colonization in Texas.
Captured November 4, 1835 by volunteers under Captain Ira Westover.
Unsuccessfully attacked June 7, 1842 by 700 men under Gen. Antonio Canales while defended by 192 men under General James Davis. Five acres of land surrounding the site of the fort were generously donated to the State of Texas by the heirs of J. C. Bluntzer in 1937.
|Copyright © 2010 Texmaps and Carson Map Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved|