|1st North Dakota Infantry|
|Texas Historical Marker|
Erected 7 April 1960 in recognition of 1007 officers and enlisted men of the 1st North Dakota Infantry, North Dakota National Guard which occupied this area as a camp site 1916-1917.
This regiment, as a part of the American Division, was the first U. S. Army component to take the offensive in World War II-- Guadalcanal, 10 October 1942. Converted to 16th Engineer Group North Dakota National Guard 1955.
|Copyright © 2010 Texmaps and Carson Map Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved|