|Grotto of Our Lady of Lourdes|
|Texas Historical Marker|
This brick and stone Grotto was constructed about 1869-70 on the grounds of the convent of the congregation of the incarnate word and blessed sacrament, a cloistered order. Built under the supervision of Sister Theresa Solis and opened to the public in 1926, it contains petrified wood from Roma (120 miles northwest) and stones from European Grottos and the Grave of St. Theresa. The convent was demolished in 1969 and the Grotto was relocated here.
|Copyright © 2010 Texmaps and Carson Map Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved|