|Herder Half Moon Place|
|Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1982|
This Greek revival home (200 yards north) was built in the 1880s by George Herder (1818-1887), veteran of the Texas Revolution and pioneer farmer and rancher in the Half Moon community. A son, William (d. 1940), later ran a butcher shop and farmed the land, opening the house to travelers in need of a place to rest. Owned by members of the Herder family for over 100 years, the house and outbuildings are the only remaining evidence of the Half Moon community.
|Copyright © 2010 Texmaps and Carson Map Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved|