|Judge Henry Clay Pleasants|
|Texas Historical Marker|
Graduate, University of Virginia, admitted to bar and practiced law in Virginia until moving to Clinton, Texas, 1854. Was judge 40 years of 23rd District Court.
Admired for his courage and impartiality. Despite threats against his life, called in the Texas Rangers in 1876 to bring law to DeWitt County.
Was elected in 1892 justice of 1st Supreme District, Galveston. Served there until his death.
|Copyright © 2010 Texmaps and Carson Map Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved|