|Kovner-Bobys Homestead (aka Merriman-Bobys House)|
|Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1965|
On original Spanish land grant of 1831, "Rincon de Oso". Built 1851. Lumber of native wood, sawed by hand, square nails. 3 gables, 2 chimneys.
Commandeered as hospital during the Civil War and in a yellow fever epidemic. Scene of many gala affairs.
Also known as Merriman-Bobys House. Property owned by Ernest E. and Beatrice Kovner Bobys, 1936-1981.
|Copyright © 2010 Texmaps and Carson Map Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved|