|Texas Historical Marker|
By 1891 German farmers settled in this area which Charles and Daniel Wild named "Lindenau. " A schoolhouse built in 1893 served as a community center and for worship. The settlement boasted a church, cemetery, mercantile store, blacksmith shop, drugstore, post office, and cotton gin. The present rifle club formed in 1901 and erected a hall which became the social center. In 1906 Lindenau was moved to be near the Galveston, Harrisburg and San Antonio Railroad. The post office closed in 1947 and Lindenau School consolidated with Westhoff. Many descendants remain in the area.
|Copyright © 2010 Texmaps and Carson Map Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved|