|Market House Museum|
|Texas Historical Marker|
Site was dedicated to public use by City Ordinance No. 28, on Aug. 30, 1853. About 1871, market with 12 x2 4-ft. stalls was put up at cost of $550, and rented to sellers of meat and produce.
In 1886 this became firehouse, with a meeting hall and a room for hook and ladder equipment. Bell bought 1890 for $45 rang night hours and sounded alarms.
Home until 1964 of volunteer fire company, this building was restored in 1967 as a museum.
|Copyright © 2010 Texmaps and Carson Map Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved|