|McAllen Lodge No. 1110, A.F. and A.M.|
|Texas Historical Marker|
This lodge, organized by Master Mason R. M. Bounds and about 30 other Masons, was chartered on December 8, 1915. Meetings were held in the Joseph and Osborne buildings, two early downtown commercial structures, prior to the lodge erecting a temple at this site in 1927. Noted early teachers Isadore Moritz and Hugh R. Lockhart instructed a membership consisting of people from various masonic jurisdictions. The lodge is notable for having two members who became Grand Masters. Lodge No. 1110 continues to be active in local civic affairs.
|Copyright © 2010 Texmaps and Carson Map Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved|