|Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1990|
The St. Louis, Brownsville,and Mexico Railroad built a line thorugh the McFaddin Ranch about 1900. The ranch settlement, temporarily renamed Marianna by the railroad, soon boasted a depot, post office, church, school, and several businesses, including this mercantile built in 1910. It was a community gathering place and briefly housed the post office. The board-and-batten structure is a fine example of small community mercantile stores.
|Copyright © 2010 Texmaps and Carson Map Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved|