|McFaddin Post Office|
|Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1990|
The McFaddin Ranch settlement was renamed Marianna in 1906 by the St. Louis, Brownsville, & Mexico Railroad. A post office, opened in the Marberry and Stubblefield General Store in 1907, moved to the McFaddin Mercantile in 1911, and to this building in 1913. At the request of A. M. McFaddin, the name was changed back to McFaddin in 1923. Mail was delivered and sent out on the train until 1962. The board-and-batten building features a gable front and shed-roof porch.
|Copyright © 2010 Texmaps and Carson Map Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved|