Mercedes City Hall
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1995
 

Constructed in 1928 to house the town's municipal offices and fire station, this building was designed by architect R. Newell waters of Weslaco. The two story Gothic style building, constructed of red brick, features a copper cupola designed to house the fire alarm, cast stone detailing, and a gabled roof. The second floor served as a town meeting room and firemen's dormitory. This building served as the Mercedes City Hall for nearly fifty years.

 
Copyright 2010 Texmaps and Carson Map Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved