|Texas Historical Marker|
Community opened by Peter Bluntzer, an 1843 settler drawing many others from Alsace; named for Adolph Meyer, an 1846 arrival, at whose home post office was established (1851). Lutheran and Catholic churches were founded in 1850s. Public school opened in 1899. Famous turkey-producing area. Population reached peak about 1923.
|Copyright © 2010 Texmaps and Carson Map Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved|