|Noll School and Cemetery|
|Texas Historical Marker|
Valentin Noll (1816-1882), a German immigrant, purchased land in the C. W. Vickery survey before 1860. In 1893 his eldest son Joseph (1848-1938) deeded two acres for a free community school, built with the help of Ben Arnold, Joseph Dentler, Otto Dentler, Fred Diebel and Joe Preiss. One acre became a cemetery, opened with the burial of Jacob Dentler (1825-1894), a German settler in the Mission Valley area. The plot contains 17 graves, including those of Dentler, Noll and Preiss family members. The one-room school building was removed from this site in 1919.
|Copyright © 2010 Texmaps and Carson Map Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved|