Beach Hotel
Texas Historical Marker
 

Constructed in 1904 by local merchant and real estate agent C. U. Yancy, the Beach Hotel has been a part of the Port Lavaca landscape for generations. At the time of its construction, the hotel was the tallest building in town. Tourists from San Antonio and other inland cities often rode special excursion trains to Port Lavaca to enjoy the recreational opportunities along the coast and to stay in the hotel. Traveling salesmen frequently lodged here, and the hotel's dining room was the site of numerous community social events. (1991)

 
Copyright 2010 Texmaps and Carson Map Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved