|Old Rancho Davis|
|Texas Historical Marker|
Home of Henry Clay Davis, a Kentuckian; came to Texas in 1939. Served with Taylor's army in 1846. Married into the Garza family, pioneer settlers and large landowners in the region. Around his home Rio Grande City grew up. Steamboats from Brownsville made the town a trading center. Ringgold Barracks was established nearby in 1848. Rio Grande City, the county seat.
|Copyright © 2010 Texmaps and Carson Map Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved|