|Old Town Cemetery|
|Texas Historical Marker|
Located on the elevated ridge at Indianola Beach, this cemetery is one of three that served the port of Indianola during the 19th century. The oldest existing grave marker, that of James Chilton Allan, bears a date of 1851. Also buried here are some of Calhoun County's earliest settlers, who came in the first wave of German immigration to Texas in the 1840s. Many of the original tombstones, including that of Angelina Eberly (d. 1860), heroine of the Texas Archives War, have disappeared over time because of storms and vandalism.
|Copyright © 2010 Texmaps and Carson Map Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved|