|Planters State Bank|
|Texas Historical Marker|
Prior to construction of the Planters State Bank building, a barber shop owned by Harlingen pioneer Mack Crenshaw was located at this site. In 1917, the land was deeded to the Planters State Bank. The owners of the bank leased the upper floors of the structure as office space. After the Planters State Bank closed, this building served as the home of the Valley State Bank from 1924 until 1927. From that year until 1965, the Cameron County Irrigation District located its offices in this building, which has been an important element in Harlingen's business history.
|Copyright © 2010 Texmaps and Carson Map Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved|