|Robert J. Kleberg Public Library|
|Texas Historical Marker|
Begun by the Woman's Club in 1909, Kingsville's Public Library was moved to this building in 1927. B. E. Giesecke and A. W. Harris of Austin designed the Spanish colonial revival structure, which was built under the leadership of club president Mrs. John D. Finnegan. It is located on land donated from the Henrietta M. King Estate by Robert J. Kleberg, the prominent area cattleman for whom it was named. The public library was located here for 30 years.
|Copyright © 2010 Texmaps and Carson Map Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved|