|San Juan Plantation|
|Texas Historical Marker|
Built 1904 by John Closner, 1891-1912 sheriff of Hidalgo County, who helped bring in and finance railroads and establish respect for law. Only reminder today of the 45,000 acre plantation complex that had sugar mill, post office, general store, pumping station, and produced sugar cane, cotton, potatoes, alfalfa and onions. Built the same year Closner's sugar won St. Louis World's Fair medal.
|Copyright © 2010 Texmaps and Carson Map Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved|