|Texas Historical Marker|
Originated as German-Czech community of Half Moon, located west of present town. When the San Antonio and Aransas Pass Railroad came through in 1887, citizens moved to rail line, where H. B. Shiner, Victoria landowner, had given a townsite.
Shiner was developed by cattlemen. Industries include brewery, wire works. City has museum.
|Copyright © 2010 Texmaps and Carson Map Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved|