|Texas Historical Marker|
Henry B. Shiner purchased this land in 1875 for his cattle raising enterprise. In 1887, when the railroad was built through the area, he donated land for a townsite, which was later named in his honor. Although the homestead was sold to Charles Welhausen in 1884, the Shiner family continued to reside here until 1890. The Welhausens lived on the homestead until 1895, when they moved into the town of Shiner. Still owned by Welhausen descendants, this property has been the site of picnics, cattle round-ups, baseball games, and other community activities.
|Copyright © 2010 Texmaps and Carson Map Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved|