|Site of Mission Nuestra Senora del Espiritu Santo de Zuniga|
|Texas Historical Marker|
First established at Garcitas Creek by the Marques de Aguayo and Father Fray Agustin Patron, O. F. M. in 1722. Moved to Mission Valley in 1726. Maintained here by the Franciscan missionaries for the Christanizing and civilizing of the Jaraname and other Indians. Finally moved to present Goliad in 1749.
|Copyright © 2010 Texmaps and Carson Map Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved|