|Site of the Old Town of Texana|
|Texas Historical Marker|
Founded in 1834 by Dr. F. F. Wells, personal friend of Stephen F. Austin. County seat of Jackson County from 1835-1883.
Old home of Capt. Clark L. Owen of Civil War fame.
Here the following were first organized in Jackson County: Methodist Church in 1838, Masonic Lodge in 1852, Presbyterian Church in 1855.
|Copyright © 2010 Texmaps and Carson Map Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved|