|Site of the Town of Copano|
|Texas Historical Marker|
Named for the Indians who lived here; Important Texas port, 1722-1870; The landing place of many colonists; Winter quarters of the Texas Revolution Army in 1835.
This marker was moved from its original location on Copano Bay (5 miles northeast of this site) in 1978.
|Copyright © 2010 Texmaps and Carson Map Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved|