|Site of Three Rivers Glass Factory
|Texas Historical Marker
Opened 1922 by company headed by Charles R. Tips (b. 1892), the founder of town of Three Rivers. Powered by local natural gas, plant used quartzose sand mined in area to make glass bottles for milk and other beverages and jars for food and cosmetics, attaining annual gross sales of a million dollars. Sold in 1937 to Ball Glass Company, it was closed in 1938, but had shown Texas potential in the industry. In later years, factory site became location of a warehouse. Glass with Three Rivers cipher is highly prized by collectors.
|Copyright © 2010 Texmaps and Carson Map Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved