|St. John Evangelical Lutheran Church|
|Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1965|
One of first Texas congregations, organized 1851 by pastor Christoph Adam Sager, a German missionary.
First had built a log church, 1849-50. Laid cornerstone of this native stone Gothic structure, 1866. Dedicated this church, May 1867.
Rededicated in 1896. Last service was held here May 1921. Structure condemned 1951. Later restored, and dedicated as Shrine-Memorial to the Glory of God, Oct. 26, 1958.
|Copyright © 2010 Texmaps and Carson Map Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved|