|St. Stephen's Episcopal Church|
|Texas Historical Marker|
Begun as a mission, 1861, by the Very Rev. W. R. Richardson, Dean of St. Mark's, San Antonio. R. P. Wilkinson donated site. Church was built 1882, consecrated in 1885 by the Rt. Rev. R. W. Elliott, first bishop of western Texas. Elevated to parish status in 1913, under the Rev. Frank Juhan, later bishop of Florida.
|Copyright © 2010 Texmaps and Carson Map Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved|