|The Culver Home|
|Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1967|
Built in the late 1890's for owner George B. Culver. Roy Shoultz, architect.
Colonial styling, with two large galleries and cupola. House built of Louisiana pine and cypress. Tile for fireplace brought from England. Distinguished visitors have included statesmen, railroad and church leaders in Texas.
Pioneer of Intracoastal canal, drilled first artesian well in townsite in 1904.
|Copyright © 2010 Texmaps and Carson Map Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved|