|Saluria (Ghost Town)|
The town of Saluria was established in 1847 and became the official port of entry for the Calhoun district.
Saluria grew into a thriving port during the 1850s and plans were made for the San Antonio and Gulf Railroad to come to the town.
During the Civil War, the Confederates destroyed most of the town to keep it out of the hands of the Union. After the war, the town began to rebuild but was devastated by the 1875 hurricane and never recovered.
|Copyright © 2010 Texmaps and Carson Map Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved|