|Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1962|
Bartlett McClure and his wife Sarah Ann built a log cabin and settled here in 1831 McClure, the first chief justice of Gonzales County, was a member of the convention of Texas in 1833. This house was built in 1842-43. After Judge McClure's death in 1842, Sarah Ann married Charles Braches, a member of the Republic of Texas Congress. The site of many events in early Texas history, the Braches house is a vernacular interpretation of the Greek revival style.
|Copyright © 2010 Texmaps and Carson Map Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved|