|Texas Historical Marker|
James Kerr in 1825 was appointed to select and survey a capital for the Mexican land grant colony of Green DeWitt. Kerr named this Gonzales, for Don Rafael Gonzales, then governor of Coahuila and Texas. A 49-block square composed the inner town. This was Central Square.
|Copyright © 2010 Texmaps and Carson Map Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved|