|Dikes Family Cemetery|
|Texas Historical Marker|
Established about 1850 by Miles G. Dikes (1804-1872). An original member of DeWitt Colony, Dikes emigrated from Georgia in 1829. In 1839 , married Eady Hodges (1810-1868). First known burial, in 1859, was Dikes' son, Lovic. Cemetery contains 20 marked graves; other are unmarked. Still in use by descendants.
|Copyright © 2010 Texmaps and Carson Map Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved|