The Plantation was founded in 1830 by Cpt. W. J. E. Heard when he purchased 2,200 acres from John C. Clark. Located on Peach Creek and the east bank of the Colorado River the original 2,200 acres quickly grew to over 50,000 acres, which is still largely owned by members of the family. Over the years and changing with the market the Plantation produced Sugar Cane, Cotton, Corn, Pecans and Rice.
The Plantation is open to tours throught the year. The Plantation hosts a Antique Mall, Party Facilities and monthy Trade Days. Telephone 979-677-3370 for more information.