The building is made of Texas shell stone trimmed in Cordova cream limestone. The building contains two wings divided by a large rotunda, which serves as the entrance. The back wall of the amphitheatre, which can seat 500, features a beautiful marble memorial mural honoring the eighteen men who defended Gonzales in 1835. Historical artifacts, including the "Come and Take It" cannon are included as exhibits of the museum.
Open Tue-Sat 10am - noon and 1pm - 5pm, Sun 1pm - 5pm