Built 1906 by Mrs. Jane Field Jones, (1842-1918), philanthropist, builder of a local school and teacherage, widow of "Father of Beeville," Captain A. C. Jones.
Occupied 1918-1966 by Mr. and Mrs. Allen Carter Jones, III. Still property of descendants.
Early 20th century Baroque architecture, with large formal rooms, 8 fireplaces, hardwood floors, high ceilings. Has been site for entertainment of Texas leaders, including governors. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark, 1967