German native Charles (Carl) August Beck (1810-1885) purchased forty acres at this site in 1862. Ten years later he built this Greek Revival home as a wedding gift for his son Charles Theodore Beck (b. 1846). This house served as the headquarters for their cattle ranch which eventually grew to about 25,000 acres. In 1923 it became the center of Arthur Yariger's dairy business and has remained in the Yariger Family since that date.