Three early Goliad families are associated with this home. Bivian Brooking built the house before 1850. Dr. Leonidas S. Lipscomb (1827 - 1913) bought the property in 1879 from Brooking's children. In 1905 the house was purchased by Ruth P. and James A. White. The one-story early Texas Vernacular home features a central hall/enclosed dog trot, side entry bays, triangular lintels on the window frames, and broken-pitch roof with chimneys at the gable ends.