Current Victoria Weather

Fleming-Welder House

Texas Historic Landmark - Fleming-Welder House

Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1996

Map This Site!

Local rancher and postmaster Edward R. Fleming and his wife Lillian (Mueller) hired B. F. Williams to build this house about 1911. Charles and Wilhemina Grunder purchased the property in 1919, and sold it to Eliza Hughes Welder in 1936. Mrs. Welder made changes to the house, and its current colonial revival appearance reflects the period of her ownership. It is distinguished from most colonial revival buildings by its elongated dormers and horizontal lines.

Home    South Texas History    Previous Page
Bookmark and Share
Copyright © Texmaps and Carson Map Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved