Typical of prospering 19th century city, this late Victorian house has fine details: imported leaded glass windows, metal "lace" trim, turned columns, Italian tile. Architect was A. O. Watson, Austin; Contractor, C. A. Fuess of Cuero. Built 1895 for Louis Gohmert (1859-1931) and wife Martha (Binder).
Gohmert, who came as a boy from Germany, was secretary-treasurer of Breeden-Runge Wholesale Firm.
House has been preserved since 1952 by Mr. and Mrs. E. T. Summers, Jr.