Organized in 1874. First chapel was moved from Port Lavaca; present church, built 1889, was dedicated May 25, 1890, when the Rev. George Hinson was rector.
Gothic architecture with clapboard siding, walnut interior, cedar shingle roof.
Rectors have included Hudson Stuck (1892-94), reformer, child labor laws, and conqueror of Mt. McKinley, and Everett H. Jones (1927-30), later fourth bishop, Diocese of West Texas.