Completed in 1909, this school building originally housed all grades of the Kingsville school system. The site and funds for construction were donated by school benefactor Henrietta M. King (d. 1925), the widow of King Ranch founder Capt. Richard King. The structure reflects influences of the Alamo, Concepcion, and San Jose missions of San Antonio. Rebuilt after an interior fire in 1925 and named for Mrs. King, it remains in use as a public school.