The first meeting place of this congregation, organized in 1875, was destroyed by a storm in 1886. The membership then moved across O'Neal Creek to this site, purchased from pioneer settler N. H. Guinn, and erected this simple frame church in 1887-88. The steeple which once topped the building was removed in 1924. After a disastrous flood in 193, Leesville was relocated along the state highway (3/4 mile west). This church is one of the structures that mark the old townsite.