Orth-Fitch House

Texas Historic Landmark - Orth-Fitch House

Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1983

Map This Site!

Will Orth, a railroad conductor and the owner of a local flour mill, built this home in 1910. Soon other prominent Yoakum families began erecting homes on Coke Street, which became known as "Silk Stocking Row. " Designed by local architect W. A. Fink, Orth's home features characteristics of the Queen Anne and colonial revival styles. Farmer and merchant T. J. Fitch bought the home in 1917, and it remained in his family until 1973.

Home    South Texas History    Previous Page
Bookmark and Share
Copyright © Texmaps and Carson Map Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved