Built in 1912 as a public school, this structure was one of two schools of its design erected in Yoakum. In 1938 this building was enlarged with funds from the Works Progress Administration. During World War II, the building housed a leather school and was used as a housing facility. It remained in educational use until 1957, and later housed a retail business. The building exhibits mission revival style features.