Founded in 1869 by James D. Reed, this ranch also was owned by the Peninsula Company comprised of Thomas and William McCampbell and Pryor Lea. Laura (McCampbell) Wiess (d. 1942) inherited it in 1885. The complex, which features more than 25 structures, centers around this two-story house begun by Reed in the 1870s. Laura and her husband, Valentine, added its Queen Anne elements later. The ranch was donated to the Baptist Foundation of Texas in 1970.