The earliest Presbyterian Church in Jackson County, the Texana congregation was formed in 1855 under the leadership of John Adams Brackenridge. The fellowship was established in Texana (6 miles SE), now a ghost town. But while the county seat and a thriving river port in 1859, the members constructed this frame sanctuary. It was moved along the New York, Texas & Mexican Railroad.
Later used as a warehouse, it now serves as a reminder of the pioneer area settlers of antebellum Texas.