William Green and wife India, pioneers from Kentucky, bought this land and erected a house here in 1853. Style is typical of era, with central "dog trot" hall dividing two main rooms.
William Green, Jr. , and wife Julia, who lived here 8 years, ran the Winnton post office and a general store. From 1869 to 1889 the store was a social center for this rural area.
Property is now used as camp by Boy Scouts of America.