Texas Historical Marker - Calliham

Texas Historical Marker

Map This Site!

In 1918 had a post office, Guffeyola, in store of H. H. McGuffey. After oil and gas discoveries, 1917-1922, was tent city, then town of shotgun houses. Piped first natural gas to San Antonio. Name was changed 1923 to honor J. T. Calliham, rancher and townsite owner. Still produces oil and exports fine rocks and petrified wood.

Home    South Texas History    Previous Page
Bookmark and Share
Copyright © Texmaps and Carson Map Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved